The Maplewood neighborhood in St. Louis is a hub of award-winning food purveyors and brewers as well as talented craftspeople. Get a taste of it all on this walking food tour.
- All food tastings provide enough for lunch.
- Alcoholic tasting(s) included in this tour.
- Our tours take place in rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- This tour is for all age groups and all fitness levels. Approx. 1 mile of easy walking.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 0 - 12
Discover Top Places to Eat in Soulard
Enjoy Soulard’s European-inspired architecture and a variety of restaurants/pubs at the heart of St. Louis’s Mardi Gras Celebration.
- Visit 6 different restaurants/food purveyors.
- Enjoy a variety of tastings from Mexicali street food to wood-fired wings.
- 11+ tastings, bites & sips – plus historical and architectural stops!
- Learn about Soulard Market and the area’s unique row houses and flounder houses.
- Includes our popular Neighborhood Guide containing insider facts and recommendations!
What to Expect
Meet your local food tour guide at the location sent to you via email and begin your exploration of one of the oldest neighborhoods in St. Louis. During the food tour, you will visit six venues in the Soulard neighborhood and experience a wide range of tastings including Baja fish tacos, a unique Bloody Mary cocktail, the best chicken wings you will ever sink your teeth into, and much much more!
Between tastings, you’ll learn about the famous Soulard Market, why the area has so many churches, see examples of architectural styles unique to St. Louis, and other curiosities from our enthusiastic, local guides. After the guided tour, relax with a drink from one of the many bars/pubs in Soulard or, take the nearby and popular Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour. Drive a little further and you could explore the nearby riverfront, Arch grounds, and downtown St. Louis.
Experience a variety of eateries and the stories of the Europeans that settled in Soulard. Your tour may include:
- A restaurant that built its menu around one specific condiment.
- A pizzeria with great pizza and award-winning wings!
- Mexicali Street Food at its best is showcased at this eatery.
- Winner of Cupcake Wars on Food Network.
- A small hideaway where smoke isn’t just a cooking method, it is an ingredient.
- An entertainment complex that is located at “ground zero” of the Mardi Gras Festivities in St. Louis.
- Locations and tastings subject to change.
Where to Meet
Meet your guide outside the restaurant at Lafayette and S. 9th St in the Soulard neighborhood.
EXACT location provided with ticket purchase. Tickets MUST be purchased in advance.
Have questions? Here are the most frequently asked.
Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory. In the tourism industry, it is typical to tip a standard gratuity of 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour. If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of our tour guides.
For the most part, all of our tours are wheelchair and baby stroller friendly. In the case where a tasting location may not be wheelchair accessible, the tasting will be conducted on-site outside. Some tasting locations require advance notice for wheelchair accessibility, so please alert us of your need by answering YES to the question we have put on your ticket purchase. NOTE: The Historic Soulard tour takes place in the oldest part of St. Louis with cobblestone streets and very old buildings; therefore, this tour tends to NOT be very wheelchair friendly.
If there is alcohol described on tour page, it is included in the price of your ticket.
Missouri State laws prohibit anyone under the age of 21 from consuming alcohol tastings. Proof of age may be requested by/or on behalf of the establishment serving the alcohol.
For participants that do NOT drink alcohol, feel free to pass on the alcohol portion of the tasting, but be advised there are no substitutions nor alternate tastings available. Please mark “NO ALCOHOL” under special dietary needs.
Water is always available.
Please be sure and let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a food allergy or dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, shellfish allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know in advance, we will do our best to try to accommodate your needs.
We ARE able to accommodate those that require vegetarian, vegan, and dairy-free tastings. Currently, our Hill Tour can accommodate vegetarians, but NOT a Vegan or dairy-free menu.
Please make your wishes known in the “dietary restrictions” portion when purchasing your tickets. You will be shown available options for your specific tour, including Vegetarian, Vegan (if available), and No Alcohol.
The tours are held rain, shine, or snow. In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. We also provide ponchos in case of sudden weather changes or if you do not have your own umbrella. However, we advise you to check the weather conditions for your day’s event and dress appropriately.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own.