Enjoy Soulard’s European-inspired architecture and a variety of restaurants/pubs at the heart of St. Louis’s Mardi Gras Celebration. This food tour has it all!
- All food tastings provide enough for lunch.
- Tours run Friday and Saturday. Check the booking calendar for availability.
- Our tours take place in rain or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, however, it is not suited for people with severe mobility issues.
- Person Ages 3+
Eat at Top Restaurants in The Hill, St. Louis
Love Italian food? Find the hidden gems in St. Louis’s largest Italian neighborhood on our flagship walking food tour of The Hill.
- Visit 6 different restaurants/food purveyors.
- Enjoy St. Louis’s iconic Italian foods, including St. Louis style pizza and Toasted Ravioli.
- 7+ tastings, bites & sips – plus historical and architectural stops!
- Step back in time and discover the life of an Italian immigrant in St. Louis.
- Includes our popular Neighborhood Guide containing insider facts and recommendations!
What to Expect
Meet your local food tour guide at the meeting location sent to you via email and begin your approximately 2-mile exploration of the Hill neighborhood. During the food tour, you will visit six locations in The Hill neighborhood and experience mouth-watering food samplings, enough for a hearty lunch, served from “mom and pop” specialty food stores and one-of-a-kind ethnic eateries. Stops include St. Louis’s handmade ravioli-maker, a gourmet Salumeria, and St. Louis’s favorite thin crust pizza, a Gelateria, and more surprises.
Between tastings, you’ll experience the life of an Italian immigrant as you stroll the Hill neighborhood lined with its quaint wood frame and red brick and bungalow homes and storefronts while our enthusiastic, local guides share their knowledge. After the guided tour, you are encouraged to stay and explore The Hill with confidence and take advantage of thoughtful recommendations from your local St. Louis guide on the area’s full spectrum of cuisine, restaurants, entertainment, and cultural offerings.
Taste the foods and experience the stories of the immigrant families of this Italian community. Your tour may include:
- St. Louis Style Pizza made by a Spanish immigrant!
- An Italian Grocer known for its wine selection, deli, and specialty Italian foods.
- A family-owned salumeria steeped in tradition.
- A family that has been making ravioli together since 1954.
- A bread bakery known for its iconic sandwiches.
- The first and only gelateria on the Hill famous for its natural and imported ingredients.
Where to Meet
Meet your guide outside the restaurant at the corner of Hereford and Shaw in the Hill neighborhood.
EXACT location provided with ticket purchase. Tickets MUST be purchased in advance.
Have questions? Here are the most frequently asked.
Absolutely! You may be surprised to know that a majority of EAT Saint Louis Food Tour attendees live right here in St. Louis! St. Louis locals participate to learn about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live and learn about the great food finds and the amazing culinary talent that has been under their noses and in their back yards the entire time! Each tour is brimming with interesting facts, lively tales, and history that will surprise you!
Our tours generally last about 3 hours and participants can expect to be standing or walking for a majority of the time. We walk at a moderate pace and also provide at least two sit-down locations on all of our tours for at least 30 minutes total during the tour.
Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at selected food-tasting locations.
The tours are held rain, shine, or snow. In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. We also provide ponchos in case of sudden weather changes or if you do not have your own umbrella. However, we advise you to check the weather conditions for your day’s event and dress appropriately.
Yes, there is public street parking located near the meeting points of tours. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions which are emailed to you after purchasing your ticket(s).
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page to submit your own.